Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lose weight with Bollywood music

I thought I had come up with a unique idea to lose weight without groaning about it. Put on a video with the latest Bollywood music or switch on a TV channel that features this music and follow all the movements of the dancers on screen. If you have two left feet like I do, it's best to initially follow the movements of the dancers in the background. That's what I did and I not only lost some weight but also generally felt 'all's-well-with-the-world' after such a workout.

Like I said, I thought I was a genius at discovering the benefits of Bollywood dancing but it seems that others have preceded me and actually set up dance and fitness studios featuring this music and dance.

There are several advantages to doing it on your own too: You don't really need to go out of your home to benefit from this form of exercise. Your dancing prowess improves (my left feet are beginning to turn right and I can sometimes follow the movements of the main dancer). This workout of foot-tapping, happy music and nimble dance is guaranteed to make you look and feel better. And finally, you can take all the credit for having developed into a fine dancer and somewhat of an acrobat (the more difficult moves require a certain level of acrobatic proficiency).

Happy dancing and here's to a trimmer you!

No comments: